i promised some results from my most recent preaching series, which will grow into my final project for doctoral studies. the comments have not been edited.
More ministers should be having sermons on these topics.
- I think that you were very brave in your "thinking out of the box" sermons.
that we should hear, but needed some encouragement.
- I feel these sermons had little of uplifting nature to them. Good subjects
more "risk taking" for future sermons.
- Very interesting series. I enjoyed the discussion, and would encourage
congregation may prefer a Bible study class to cover these issues.
- I had no problem with any of the sermons; however, some in
- Wish I had heard the others!
for your degree without regard to what's appropriate for your people. Shameful.
- Innappropriate (sic) for Easter Sunday. You are completing a checklist
Sorry I did not hear all of them.
- It was enlightening to hear about these subjects from the pulpit.
- it was a good and well-planned series of sermons.
They tended to ramble on past effectiveness. My mind started to wonder.
- For your typical sermons, I felt that these sermons lost focus.
science background. It didn't have enough scientific research to back it.
- A high school senior we know didn't rate this one high according to his
and involved too much of the Pastor's opinion.
- Overall, I enjoyed the series. I do feel that most of them were too long
- Lot's of opinion, but there are many scientific facts that were ommited.
- Too many facts and info missing from AIDS sermon...poorly done.
what spiritual guidance the president had before going to war.
- I prefer that the pastor speak from facts not suposition, e.g. he has no idea
was thought provoking.
- My views on the death penalty differ from the sermon, but the message
maximum absorption time.
- Some were a little long. I think for most people 20 minutes is the
- creationism/intelligent design sermon, I wished you advocated creationism
popular vote, say what you know needs to be said. Let God do the rest.
- I say neutral because of the lack of confidence in delivery. Don't go for the
- Did not hear these but in past, appeared prepared
- Frank, you are always well prepared.
they seemed uneducated or ill prepared to me.
- Smart guy, not enough information given. Very biased sermons and
- A political bias was evident.....left!
topics before he presents them.
- I'm always impressed with Frank's knowledge. It's obvious that he reseraches
- Creationism/ Intelligent Design was a little rough on the research.
supported each sermon. i thought that helped it to remain relevant.
- all sermons had relevant and timely examples from the headlines that